Monday, September 30, 2019

Catch of The Day


   Wendy froze. She was standing waist-deep in the river when she felt something tug at her bikini bottom. At first she thought she'd backed into a stick, but there was a sudden jerk in the opposite direction. Whatever had snagged onto her suit was pulling away with enough ferocity to rip the garment off completely. Now Wendy was in something of a bind. If something alive had brushed by her, it was something she didn't want to brush against her a second time. With her lower half exposed, however, she dared not run up on shore. There was a station wagon parked by the river and the sounds of kids playing had been echoing through the woods ever since Wendy had arrived. 

   "What in the world?!!" A startled voice could be heard. Wendy ducked deeper into the water, the fish or whatever it was completely forgotten. There was a bend in the river just up ahead. From behind the foliage stood a fisherman looking quizzically at what he'd found on his line. Wendy spotted her bikini bottom dangling in front of the fisherman about the time he spotted her head and shoulders poking out of the water. Both of them blushed before he chuckled and held up the line.

   "I take it this belongs to you?" 

   "I'm actually a little relieved," Wendy admitted, "I thought I'd got the attention of a nasty fish or something."

   "Just a sec." Mr. Grandly removed the fish hook and pulled the bikini bottom from his line. The incident had left the fabric a little worse for wear. "Ummm. Miss, I think I ruined it. The straps are broken and there's a big rip on one side."

   "I can't get out of the water without it," Wendy had paddled closer, "whatever shape it's in. I'll make it work."

   "Here." Grandly kept his hand over his eyes as he tossed the bottom back to Wendy. "Sorry, lady." Wendy inspected the bottom. The straps could be tied together, she figured, although the rip would leave a good deal of her rear exposed. There wasn't that much covering provided by a Creek Bend bikini even in it's full form. Still, she had to work with what was there. Grandly kept his back turned as Wendy slipped the bottom into place and began tying off the straps on either side of her hips. This proved rather difficult, as a Creek Bend bikini was noted for how little fabric was used to make one. There was enough give, though, that Wendy was able to get the straps to hold in place until she got to her car.

   Perhaps to compensate, Wendy was wearing full shorts when she walked back along the river to find Mr. Grandly. Beyond him, Wendy could see Mrs. Grandly and two young children splashing around one of the shallow pools. Wendy smiled.

   "Thanks for returning my suit."

   "Sorry about that." Grandly narrowed his eyes and then widened them as he realized who he was speaking to. "You're Wendy Marco, aren't you?"

   "I am. And I figure we should be formally introduced now. Hi!"

   "Hi. I'm Forrest Grandly. I'm very pleased to meet you, Miss Marco. I wish it had been under different circumstances, but I should have some fun telling my friends that I went fishing and caught Wendy Marco!"

   "Just do me a favor and leave out the details."

   Grandly laughed and nodded before calling over his family to meet the actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment